Sunday, February 17, 2013

Uh, are we late for class?

I have to admit I was late for class for the first time Thursday since starting campus classes.  There was a fire (or something) blocking one street.  I finally get to where I need to be and all the parking garages are full.  I finally find a spot on the 3rd floor of a parking garage and run to class.

I was 5 minutes late.

Granted, there were people later than I was.  Those people also some how came in and couldn't figure out what to do when they got there.  It was fairly obvious.  Come in, grab a spot and get your armature and put your homework out for review.

My figure sculpting class is a 5 hour class.  We take a half hour for lunch.  A couple of guys come waltzing in 20 minutes late "Uh, dude, are we, uh, late?"  Instructor's response, "Uh, yeah, dude, you are."

I forgot to take any photos of my armature before I left with my phone, so I will take some photos of last week's progress before class this coming week.  I will try to remember my camera every time I go to class.  I don't have any homework, so nothing to share there either.

This week we are using font as a form. Here are the 8x8 images I generated to turn in.







Additionally, we had an exercise that was creating symmetrical and asymmetrical balance using 10 "pointers".

I have to say I'm not a fan of Graphic Design.  Perhaps it's the instructors who always seem to have a super pompous attitude. It's interesting to see so many people who have no art or software skills pursuing graphic design.  Really, if I had no artistic background or no experience using any sort of design software, AAU is NOT the place I'd start out.  In fact, I'd probably just pursue a degree in Graphic Design at a state school.

I still have a ton of writing to do tomorrow (well, later today) as everything is due by 11:59 p.m. Sunday.

Check back to see some other projects the Gnomes are working on.  I have a feeling some minds will be blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment