Sunday, September 22, 2013

365 Days of Zentangles - Day 16


I'm not entirely certain what's up with my scanner. I probably need to clean it (this 11x17 scanner has served me well over the years and has scanned a number of dirty projects).

I welcomed fall today with a breakfast of pumpkin pie (grain free) and spiced coffee. I ate too much pie but I can't even remember the last time I had a piece of pie. I was a baker for a while. I made probably 100,000 pies during that time. None of those compared with my mom's pies.

Let's say gluten free pie is likely gross. Gluten free is normally gritty and falls apart. That is not how a pie should be.

I made a pie crust that was flaky and buttery and crispy. I think next weekend I am getting apples and attempting an apple pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment