Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Yoga Butt


Tonight felt like a bit more of a thinking kind of night.

I did some yoga (breath work only - though I may have gotten a bit too relaxed. I think I fell asleep at the end). I'm checking out Yogaglo.com right now. I like the organization of their classes better than myyogaworks.com (you can browse by teacher, duration, style, and level and they also have some lectures as well). It even allows you to set goals to meet (# of classes or # of hours per week) and tracks them. You can even create a queue and schedule what day you want to take a class.

In addition to what I've already listed, they even have classes modified to accommodate your cycle (you are never supposed to do inversions during your period). I don't know if most ladies take that into consideration or if they are just trying to get yoga butt.

Speaking of yoga butt, I didn't even know that was a thing when I started doing yoga. My yoga experience has always involved old hippies. There were never super skinny Lululemon clad ladies practicing yoga, but here in SF they appear to be the only people who practice yoga.

Justin and I discussed the possibility of me taking antihistamines in addition to strict diet to get things under control (and allow me to eat MOAR DIFFERENT foods).  This conversation was held over a bowl of Pho. I had asked for no jalapenos but alas there were jalapenos in it. So far, so good. No reaction to the Pho or jalapenos. This could be huge because I could totally start eating fermented hot sauce again. It's delicious and I have missed it terribly!

Obviously I don't want to take benedryl every day again (I did that for years and still was a mess), so I started looking into natural antihistamines. I stumbled across the blend of Lavendar, Lemon and Peppermint, which is supposed to be a natural antihistamine/anti-inflammatory blend.

Well, I don't have any gel caps currently, so I whipped up the LLP blend in a base of coconut oil. Topically, it is applied to the soles of the feet 2x a day. Even if this does nothing for my allergies, I will have soft, nice smelling feet!

I may try doing the the LLP blend internally using the gelatin capsules, but for now I am going to do the topical application.

I also started doing some rough sketches for another idea I have to add to my skull series.

No comments:

Post a Comment