I haven't been the best about the blog for the last few days but we've been busy!
Saturday we did some experimental metal casting. I haven't had a ton of time to model anything (my modeling skillz are lacking anyhow) and the stuff I have modeled is too large for the current casting set up.
Tiny Lazard heads were printed and cast in silver! Behold!
I then stayed home and diligently worked all day yesterday. I drowned more ants in my plot (though all this talk about casting sort of makes me want to cast an aluminium ant hill.
I tested out Ebay Now for myself yesterday. In less time than it would take for me to walk to target, get stuff (and get distracted by other stuff) and walk home, my paper goods were delivered to the house. Seriously like 37 minutes from order to delivery. I made lunch and ate it and watched part of Parenthood.
But then I got down to business.
I plan to photograph the final product with my actual camera, not my phone. I swear. Frames are on the way.
I have to say that M0rt was giving me some troubles though. Not sure if it was the paper type (heavy cardstock with glitter and slick surfaces) or what, but he was stabbing the paper instead of gently cutting it. Then there were software issues. As in love as I was with Makes the Cut 3 on Saturday, Sunday was a whole different experience. It kept losing communication with M0rt about 1/3 of the way into a cut. I wasn't having that issue with eCraftshop Pro but there are some things I am not a huge fan of with that software as well.
I took to doing some of the cutting by hands (for the rolled rosettes in #2) but it's nice when M0rt is working smoothly to work while he does the cutting.